Born Edward Gary Holcombe, October 14 1945 to the Rev Earl Forrest Holcomb and Maybell Kathrine Dean Holcomb at John Gaston Hospital in Memphis, Tn.
He grew up around music, Memphis being a real melting pot for music's like Gospel, Rockabilly, Blues and Country and with both sides of his family being blessed with singers and musicians.
His father and mother were both gospel singers so it was natural for Ed to be a singer and musician. He first sang in his fathers church at the age of three, learned to play guitar at nine and was singing on a weekly radio show by ten.
He later moved to Nashville where his country music Talent would continue to grow and he would gain the respect of the country music community
His first recording was to be at age seventeen
( Blackboard of my heart b/w Am I that easy to forget )
That was just the beginning of a long career in the music he loves, Country Music.
It was in nineteen eighty that he met music producer John " Fish man " Fisher and In the last part of the eighties and early nineties would produce Eds music for the Player Int Label Where Ed got Three number one hits. Only problem
they were all in Europe and settled around the top thirty here in the US.
John Fisher suffered a major stroke in nineteen ninty three and Ed was without a Producer again but did release a TV album for CMI in early ninty three.
Ed now lives in Peoria, Az A Phoenix suburb and is still Singing and playing Bass in his four piece Band plus single and duo shows.
Over the years he has been blessed to work with some of the biggest and best names in the music business. In early years he was a front man for many big acts and later as opening act for package shows and also as headliner of his own shows.
To name a few He has been the crowd rouser for
Ernest Tubb, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, David Houston, Ronnie Milsap, Mac Wiseman, Bill Anderson, Roy Acuff, Little Jimmy Dickens, Hank Snow, Tanya Tucker, Barbara Mandrell even a pre show for Elvis the list goes on and on
He has hosted his own TV and Radio Shows across America, Has been featured on The Ralph Emory TV Show, The Jerry Lewis Telethon In Its early days, The Grand Ole Opry, The Ozark Opry From Osage Beach Mo and many other artist hosted shows Plus Extras Parts in the movies Coal Miners Daughter and Smoky and the Bandit.
\\\\ Films /////
(1) Smokey and the Bandit Biker Hal Needham
(2) Coal Miners Daughter Musician/ extra Michael Apted
(3) Away We Go Dog Track Patron Focus Features / Sam Mendes
(4) Blood Moon Rising Cowboy / Zombie Victory Angel Films / Brian Skiba
(5) King Scott Rigliano SunSide Films
(6) Locker 13 Hemself and ( Stand in for David Huddleston ) Bruce Dellis / George Huang
(7) Red Corvette (2009) Duke Myers Brenton Coventon/Dynamic Films
(8) Fallen Blue Police Det / Himself Got Film? / Josiah
(9) I Am Ghost ( Rock Video ) Retired Husband Motionarmy
(10) Trade In Himself ( Car Buyer ) Jeremy
(11) western x as old man Ned
(12) A Man Called Nereus as Grandpa Kelly